Procedures for Sick Leave Bank Requests
Interschool Mail: Trenton High School IMC
(include a scanned copy of doctor’s note)
If a doctor’s note is not yet available, your pay could be
interrupted. Please note that
Union approval of the request will not be finalized until the doctor’s
note is received.
The Sick Leave Bank is a Union
benefit. Your fellow Union members are giving up their days for you.
If you do not want to have an
interruption of pay, be sure to follow
the procedure. The Union must
approve all requests and have your Doctor’s note before you get to draw
on the Sick Leave Bank.
If you have questions, contact
your Building Rep, the Sick Leave Bank committee person in your building or the
Sick Leave Bank chairperson.
Procedures for Sick Leave Bank Committee
The Sick Leave Bank (SLB) chairperson contacts the members of the
Sick Leave Bank Committee when a request(s) is received.
This may be via email, telephone or a face-to-face meeting.
All members of the SLB Committee (which includes the Human Resources
Director and the Union District Director) are contacted.
2. The Chairperson will inform committee members of the request(s) and if medical documentation has been provided. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. It is then voted on whether to grant or deny sick bank days. (The Human Resources Director and the Union District Director are non-voting members.)
3. The Chairperson will note the results of the vote on the SLBR form and notify the requesting member. Notification will then be sent to the Human Resources Director approving or denying the request.
If a member has been on maternity leave and decides to take Family
Leave, it is the
5. Upon returning to work, the member is responsible for notifying the SLB Chairperson and submitting a copy of the doctor’s note for the Sick Leave Bank file.
If a member needs to draw on the Union Sick Leave Bank for
individual sick days after a long-term medical leave has depleted their
personal sick day bank, they will need to submit a SLBR and a doctor’s note for
7. The Chairperson will maintain accurate files on all requests for the Sick Leave Bank days including the total number of days used during the school year.
By October 31st of each school year, the District
Director of the TEA, the Sick Leave Bank chairperson and the Director of Human
Resources, will meet to
9. Based on the yearly audit, the amount of days that each member needs to contribute to the Sick Leave Bank will be determined. As per the contract, no more than 3 days can be contributed by each member from their individual allocated sick days each year. The employee shall contribute these personal sick days on the last day of each school year. The Sick Leave Bank chair will report on the results to the membership at the RC meeting following the audit.